- I'm at 3 donations for 2012 after donating twice in 2010 and 11 (a trip to Belize DQ'd me for a year in there). I'd love to donate and have lunch with you someday! I can donate again after 8/22.
- Such a cool thing, I keep failing my iron level but I keep trying!!
- Think they'd let Canadians?!?! I have given blood here though - this a great reminder that I need to go again soon :)
- Good for you Melissa :) I'm O+ too! But I've never donated and I kind of feel afraid
Melissa Jill :)
- Haha -- it's a shadow Kindra.
- That brown spot on your shirt in the center photo... PLEASE tell me that's a shadow and not a massive blood-related stain... :)
- SO happy to see that you donate blood!! I do it, too. Working at a medical center has allowed me to witness first-hand the power of donated blood. I've made it my goal to donate four times per year, though it's tough because my iron often comes in low (even though I eat a very high iron diet). Your goal of twice per year would probably be more realistic for me. :) It's one of the easiest ways to do something nice for someone and save a life. To anyone considering it, go do it! There is no substitute for human blood - if the hospital runs out, that's it.
- Let's hear a woot-woot for all the O+'s out there!
- I too had give blood on my 101 things list but decided to give up that item. The vampires have a hard time finding my vein and I'm a slow bleeder so the wouldn't be able to use my blood anyways. I checked out your 101 things list and got some good ideas. My current list expires next month and I'm in the process of rewriting it. I noticed one of your items was to run a 10 minute mile for 3 miles. There is a running group in Tempe that I often run with (www.rxrunning.com) and they could help you with that goal. An "easy" way to reach that goal too is sign up for a 5K where the excitement of a race help keep the pace up.
- I'd love to be your blood lunch buddy! I'm local, N. Scottsdale, but close enough.