In our first conversation, John & Kelly both told me that they feel awkward in front of cameras and were concerned about looking stiff and pose-y. Well, looking at how natural and comfortable these two were in their engagement photos, I think I may have stumbled upon the magic formula for helping clients to relax in front of the camera:
- Climb into a big truck with them and let the rough, rocky road to your destination shake the nerves right out of them.
- Spend the entire 45 minute drive laughing and connecting with your amazing clients.
- When you reach your goal, let the beauty and grandeur of nature overwhelm their self-consciousness.
- Remind your adorably in-love clients to focus on one another as you photograph them.
- Bask in the gorgeous photos that result!